Driving Greater Efficiency is key to New Technology Adoption within Logistics
According to a White Paper by Panasonic and Zetes; obtaining better efficiencies and commercial motivations are the main rationale for trying new supply chain technologies from first to final mile.
Supply Chain Technology Trends in the European Delivery Industry, explores insights provided by senior executives from major transport and logistics organisations across Europe and identifies the technologies that will drive supply chains forward in the future.
- Most respondents indicated that obtaining better efficiencies and cutting costs is the main rationale for trying new supply chain technologies (51%)
- Gaining a competitive edge is also important to many carriers (35%), and as part of this, using the latest technologies is part of the corporate strategy and image
- Respondents are primarily thinking of efficiency and productivity improvements when selecting new supply chain solutions – highest priority (4.6 out of 5.0)
- In the final mile, the majority of respondents run their own delivery operations and for 3/4 of them simply keeping up with e-commerce-fuelled demand for deliveries has been the most significant challenge in the last 12 months
- Mobile devices play a major part in increasing operator efficiency, providing real-time data collection, track & trace, and gradually replacing paper-based systems. Moreover, the capabilities of hand-held technology are constantly expanding, to incorporate, for instance, photographic, contactless ePOD, GPS and voice applications
- Newer types of supply chain management technologies have not yet been fully embraced by large sections of the delivery and distribution industry, such as network visibility platforms, autonomous delivery vehicles, and AI- and IoT-based solutions for improving transport efficiencies
+44 (0)1628 642910
Download Report Sample
Get In Touch
If you would like to learn more about how our research division can help you solve your business challenges, contact a member of the team today.
+44 (0)1628 642910
Copyright (c) 2023. Triangle Management Services Ltd. Registered in England and Wales. No. 1975797.
Registered Office: Harleyford Estate, Henley Road, Marlow, Bucks, SL7 2SP, UK